FY2021 Budget Development
Key Dates for the FY21 Budget Process
- December 2019 - County Administrator presented Chesterfield's State of the County
- January 22 - Board of Supervisors Work Session, FY21 Budget Kickoff Presentation
- January 31 - County-Schools Liaison Committee Meeting, FY21-25 Capital Planning Presentation and Demand Forecasting Model Presentation
- February 19 - Joint Board of Supervisors and School Board, CIP Work Session, Revenue Work Session, Proposed Utilities Budget, Board to Set Maximum Tax Rate
- By March 1 - Chesterfield County Public Schools Superintendent submits proposed budget and capital plan to the County Administrator
- March 11 - Proposed Budget Work Session, Schools Operating Budget (Starting at noon, Room 502)
- March 12 - 24 - Facebook Live Community Meetings (Community Meeting Presentation)
- March 25 - Budget Public Hearings - Citizens can still provide comments to the Board of Supervisors via the online form.
- March 26 - April 7 - County and Schools finalizing budget and CIP prior to adoption
- April 8 - Board of Supervisors meeting, presentation on the FY2021 Revised Budget
- April 9 & April 13 - Facebook Live events, 7 p.m.
- April 22 - Budget Adoption
Budget Feedback Form
Citizens interested to provide comments on the FY21 Budget can submit feedback via an online form. This form will be available through budget adoption, planned for April 22, 2020.
Citizen comments collected through 3/25 have been consolidated, both for citizen comments on the budget public hearings and for budget feedback. The file is now available, as more information is submitted, the file will be updated.
FY2021 Budget Documents